Home > Preface
The Department of Food and Animal Inspection and Control (SIS) of the Civic and Municipal Affairs Bureau (IACM) is responsible for animal and food quality inspection and control, as well as the administration of municipal markets and hawkers. Located at 1/F, Fortune Tower, Avenida do Ouvidor Arriaga, the SIS consists of four divisions as follows:
- Division of Animal Control and Inspection
- Division of Food Inspection
- Division of Markets
- Division of Hawker Affairs
- Licensing and monitoring of sales outlets for pets, live poultry and wild animals.
- Administration of the two kennels located on the Macao peninsula and Coloane island; provision of veterinary services, pet funeral services, pet re-homing services, stray animal control and implementation of vaccination programmes.
- Licensing and supervision of privately-operated veterinary practitioners and services.
- Pet licensing and monitoring of health of pets.
- Implementation of hygiene awareness campaigns.
- Monitoring and control of the quality of domestic or imported food products through inspection according to the law.
- Monitoring of the hygiene conditions of premises for storing or selling the aforesaid products.
- Implementation of hygiene inspection of premises for slaughtering and storing food animals for public consumption and the vehicles for transporting the animals.
- Administration of public markets; regulation of the tenants’ operations; ensuring the hygiene conditions and cleanliness of public market facilities; enforcement of rules and regulations related to public markets.
- Monitoring of hawkers' operations in Macao; regulation of hawkers' operations; inspection and investigation of unlicensed hawker activities and enforcement of the related rules and regulations.